Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Week 3: Day 1

In the end, its really about a girl. Its not that this girl I have my eye on is attainable, because she's not. And while ultimately I'd love to have her, I accept the fact that I can't. The main thing is that I want to be able to have it. Its a matter of choice and availability.

I want to be able to look a girl like that in the eyes and know that I'm bringing a 100%. None of those bullshit lines people give themselves. "Oh well personality is what matters!", "Its whats on the inside that counts!".

Bullshit.

Do you buy a car with broken mirrors, dented doors, and a sluggish engine because it has "personality". No most people don't. We'd love to lie to ourselves that they do. But no. Just no.

I'm just at the point where I don't want to lie to myself anymore. I don't want to be a 2 out of 3 person. Frankly I'd like to be objectified for once. The pretty people always underestimate how precious that fact actually is. But being on the opposite for all my life has given me sweet perspective.

And so I spend 5 to 6 days of the week in the gym. I pump weights until I cry out trying to do that last rep. It won't be today and it won't be tomorrow, but eventually...eventually I will be the 3 out of 3. Mind, body, and soul. No "But he..." or "Well at least he..". I will be that complete package, so that the next time I see that girl. Any kind of girl. I won't doubt myself for any reason.

Results:
Treadmill: Calorie Burn L3 - 1.3 miles, 293 calories
Pec Fly: 15 reps at 90lbs
Rear Delt: 8 reps at 80lbs
Shoulder Press: 15 reps at 60lbs
Incline Press: 12 reps at 70lbs
Lat Pullodown: 15 reps at 100lbs
Seated Row: 8 reps at 100lbs
Bicep Curls: 8 reps at 90lbs

No comments: